Thursday, November 11, 2010

Spray Paint Transformations!!

Today's post is about what I accomplished during nap time today.  No pictures of mopping the floor or scrubbing the toilet?  Weird! Nope, today I needed to get some crafty energy flowing!!
Today I needed a change and I was getting really tired of my fall decor.  So I dismantled the table top fall display and was left with the pumpkins.  Not wanting to toss them yet with Thanksgiving around the corner, I considered spray painting them white like I have seen others do before adding the lettering, but decided to leave them orange (for now, lol.  There is always tomorrow for spray painting!).  I put them on the ledge of one of my favorite DIY projects from this spring.
Give Thanks up on my Dining Room chalkboard :)

  My friend teased me about it today when she stopped by before we went out for coffee , but I really like and that is what counts, right?
Next it was time for a goodwill frame re-do.  I bought it in the spring and mentioned that I had an unconventional idea for it here.  Unfortunately having Mommy Brain and I have absolutly no idea what that fabulous idea was!  But today it got a re-do as a frame again, just with a MUCH better picture!  And a new coat of paint.
When my friend did Jeremaih's 10 month old photo shoot this summer she did some family pictures and some hand and feet pictures too.  This is one of my favorites!!  I just ripped out the old picture, spray painted the frame with the very last little bit of black spray paint I had and plopped this enlargement I had inside.  LOVE!  Quite a transformation huh?  I would say I prefer the after to the before!  So worth the $2.99 price tag I bought the frame for months ago!
 I had some suction cups with hooks, so I decided to try putting it on the fall decorated window in my living room.  So far so good, it has been up there all day, so I think it will hold.  I love it!!
 Since I was paring down my fall decorations and simplifying I decided it was time to put this fall candlestick away.  I was bummed because I have very few chunky candle holders but brown isn't really my color for things other than fall decor.  Then inspiration struck!
Why not change the color????
Heirloom white, how I adore thee!
It looks so vintage now and the white really brings out all of the pretty details.  I like it so much better and it will be used much more than once a year in my fall decor!  So worth the under $3 thrift shop I paid last fall!!!
 I am so pleased with how it turned out!  And look, there is even a tiny bit of fall left on the table.  :)  A vase of colorful leaves.  And that is what I accomplished during nap time today!
Linking up to:

handmade projects






Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden






















NightOwlCrafting









7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the picture of your feet, and the pumpkins. The candleholder is cool, but I liked it before. :) Good use of nap time!

DANA said...

Thanks for linking up to the Saturday Mornings Strut Your Stuff Party! I came back to visit, follow, and say hello! http://danajeanward.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Funny Mom, I like it way better after. The warm color would look way better in your house though, so maybe that is why you like it more. Thank you for becoming a follower Dana! I will be back to your linky party next week :)

AdriansCrazyLife said...

Very cute! I think I like the Give Thanks pumpkins the best.

Renee {Shabby, Chic and Charming} said...

Love it! I am in love with Heirloom White anything!

Sarah said...

Adrian, thanks, I like how the pumpkins turned out as well.
Thanks Renee, isn't Heirloom White the best?

Ellen aka Ellie said...

I like your little pumpkins, and the candlestick is chic!