Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Making things Beautiful!

Perhaps you remember this ugly little pile of things from last week that I promised to make beautiful?:
Well, I did! And $4 worth of ugly frames and basket now look pretty nice. I took apart the big picture frame and the smaller red one and spray painted the frames black. Then filled them with some of my favorite pictures. I also spray painted the silver metal basket white. I haven't quite gotten to the smaller frame or the flannel I plan on turning into cloth wipes.
The basket in use. Isn't that bumpy blue blanket TO.DIE.FOR.? I so love it!! The yellow and green plaid blanket on top is the blanket that two of my older cousins as well as me and all four of my brothers were brought home from the hospital in. I am going to bring Jeremiah home from Africa in it. :0) I love sweet memories and family traditions!
The basket joining the others on the changing table shelf.
A closer up of my pictures with their "new" frames.
A naked staircase and ugly circuit box begging for some attention.
Yes, that big space is there on purpose. I am still waiting to find one more picture frame to hang another 5x7. If you are really observant you might notice I changed the mushroom picture to one of Mike and I. I am a girl and I reserve the right to change my mind :)
Some up and coming projects:
I bought this a while back with plans to take out the print that is REALLY not my style and put a different picture in it. Now I have an unconventional idea for this frame. But you will have to wait and see if it turns out or not :)
My new vanity shelf. I need some place to hold my make up and perfume bottles and jewelry and such since the dresser with the hutch that held such things before is now in the baby's room. We found this cabinet/shelf on Sunday and it SCreaMed potential at me. Please Paint me white and distress my edges I heard it say. Put your pretty perfume bottles and your Grandma's pitcher on my shelf. Well I listened and I am super excited! This is going to be beautiful!!! I am going to sand it down and Mike is going to spray it bleached almond (creamy white) for me with his new paint sprayer and cut a piece of mirror for the inside where the beadboard is. Then I am going to add crystal glass knobs to the doors and hang it in the master bedroom. Now I just need to find a cute tall chair to go with it!
I love the row of hangers at the bottom!
And the cabinet to hide my makeup and things.
I can't wait to get moving on my new projects. I am so excited to see how my new vanity turns out!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute frames! I can't wait to see what you do with the cabinet!!

Chrystie said...

I love the basket & frames you painted & no I wouldn't have noticed that you changed out the mushroom pic if you didn't say so. They're both grate pics! I can't wait to see your vanity shelf w/a mirror & painted!

Sarah said...

I can't wait to get the cabinet done either. This rain is killing me, I want to paint it already!!! Mike cut the mirror last night and it looks great. I can't wait to paint it and hang it up and post pictures. If the rain continues it might have to wait until I get home from Africa though. That would be a bummer!!