Sunday, February 20, 2011

Finishing Touches on the Nursery

 I finally just finished the last two projects I had for the nursery.   I wanted to make a memo board that I could display photos on in Jeremiah’s nursery that matched the turtle theme, so I cut out some turtles  on my cricut and added them to a canvas that I pained with some blue and brown.  Then I covered some cloths pins with the same of the paper I cut the turtles out of.
I glued the cloths pins to the canvas to make a cute little memo board.
A close up of the turtles on the memo board.
 
I also made this great turtle lamp.  I got it at a thrift shop a few months ago because it was the perfect colors to compliment the nursery.  I couldn’t find one anywhere that matched, so i decided to make one :)
Close up of the turtles and bubbles I made.
I also put a turtle on the ceramic base.
 With the light on.
 I think it matches the rest of the nursery really well!  I love my son's nursery!  It is one of my favorite rooms in the house.  I still love to sit in the nursery and rock my son to sleep.  It is just so fun and calm.  My favorite place in the world is Hawaii and I just love the way the turtles and ocean theme remind me of it!  To see the full view of my baby's adorable you can go here.
Linking up to:
It's a Crafty Life

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job! They're both really cute!

Anonymous said...

I think that is amazingly adorable! Did you mod podge them on? Thanks for linking it up!